Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

subtle cosmos glitter and Wet n Wild Eggplant Frost




My placement of nail gems and holo hex glitter pieces is very outer-space like, so I'll call this a cosmos mani.... I started with the same greyed out lilac base of artificial nails, then sponged on Sally Hansen Chrome polish is moonbeam, then China Glaze Grape Juice, then applied the larger purple/pink nail gem that I peeled off from my dollar store stickers post ( HERE ). I applied a coat of Claire's Hollywood and set larger holographic hex glitter into it. 





stuff i used, Claire's Hollywood, Sally Hansen Moon Beam Chrome and ChG Grape Juice




Wet n Wild Eggplant Frost - 3 coats

OMG!!!! This is a beautiful polish!!! 1 dollar CAD? Strangely I did not already own this and picked it up during the last week of Walmart special sale price. It seems the last for 3 July's,  Wet n Wild polish's have been $1. and they actually restocked them 4 or 5 times..... I didnt go crazy but I did pick up some for frankens. Even at regular price Wet n Wild Wild Shine polish is well worth having. ( they are usually $1.57 to $2.00-ish CAD)

This is deep purple shimmer with somewhat subtle blue flash. In bright lighting and in the sun the blue flash is very evident.

I used 3 coats here, and have already incorporated it into some of my previous nail art.  These Wild Shine polish's from Wet n Wild have been very satisfactory - even though it says 'frost' it is not a frosty streaky polish at all!

This is another must have, I am looking forward to whipping up frankens with this one.

indoors






....so pretty
o

8 comments:

Inge (PolishSis) said...

It's so futuristic looking! You are very creative :-)))

Polish and Charms said...

Very Pretty! I need to find that purple!

Kay said...

I like it!
I've been looking for that Eggplant Frost, everywhere. Still can't find it.

Anonymous said...

You always have the best manicures! I love the first one!

Super Cute Super Easy said...

What an amazing nail blog I've found!:) beautiful manicures! You're my inspiration! Good luck in your polishing! I'll really appreciate when you check out my blog too! :)Thanks!

www.supercutesupereasy.blogspot.com

WitchHazel said...

The first mani is SO beautiful.. it looks "wet", like it's adorned with a bunch of tiny water droplets just hanging out on your nails.. very cute!

I have that WNW Eggplant Frost and it's definitely one of my favorite purples. I have a good size collection of WNW Wild Shines because they're only 99 cents here in the states. Super quality for an awesome price.

Paola said...

wow, the nail art is pretty much adorable! You're giving me waaay too many ideas to try - and this would be good if I had not decided I needed a break from too much nailpolish on my hands... SIGH... this goes straight to my "things to do" folder for when my nails will have grown back a little and I'll start reapplying polish!!

Mae Espiritu Makeup Obra said...

so pretty!♥