Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sally Hansen Lavender Envy layrered over Nina Emerald City



This is one of my very favorite polish's = Sally Hansen Lavender Envy. It is not as streaky in real life as it looks in these indoor photos. Lavender Envy is no longer in the core line of Sally Hansen X-treme Wear polish's, but there is still a few sheer SH X-treme Wear polish's that look AMAZING layered, [Green w/ Envy comes to mind.}

 I picked this up at a small drug store in my town a few years ago, I totally hated the long stem and the stumpy brush at the time - now I am cool with it. I don't understand why SH changed their bottle shape for each line of polish they come out with......

This is 2 coats of Nina Ultra Pro in Emerald City, I recently wore this and wanted to wear it again {it's that pretty  that I wore it twice in 2 weeks!} After spending the evening whipping up some fabulous earrings my nails were trashed, so i added 1 coat of SH X-treme Wear Lavender Envy and a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.

I applied paper re-binders to the base of my nail, so the original polish would be visible. I have had the worst luck with re-binders, they always leave a sticky residue - but this time i peeled them off immediately after adding the polish. It's not perfect, but I cannot find a smaller circular sticker to create this "moon-mani"...........


{ this doesn't look this streaky in real life }



 ..... even though the colours in this photo are all wrong, I thought it was a cool pic; I love how glowey the SH Lavender Envy layered area looks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous manicure. I love those colors.

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I love the color combo you chose. It's as unique as the ruffian look. :)

Frankenstyna said...

Love it! It is nice how the lavender polish changes the green so subtly!

Steffie said...

That is so awesome. I have that Sally Hansen polish and I have never tried layering it. Thanks for the inspiration.

cathryn said...

such a subtle difference, makes you do a double take at first. love (=

Lucy said...

Interesting combination. Not sure if I like it. I like the look of it.