Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

♥ Wet n' Wild Disturbia and Avon Jade ♥

Wet n' Wild Mega-last Disturbia - 3 coats with 1 coat Nailene TC

This polish needs good lighting to really show off the beautiful purple color and subtle shimmer. In the shade and in dim lighting it is very, very dark. I loved the formula on this one and love this shade of purple.  I found the brush handle to be a little too thick and small and so I accidentally dropped it -  Dang! 

Both of these mani's are just plain mani's no nail art and nothing exciting. I do love the formula on those Avons - WOW they were both very richly opaque and easy to apply.

At the moment I am copying a fabulous layering manicure I saw last night that I had to copy as soon as I could Check it out HERE - It is soooooo pretty! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? I will get photos up with the polish's I used  Wet n Wild Burgundy Frost and Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Lime Lights ( seriously there should be some type of awards system for people who come up with these types of beautiful and inventive layering looks! )

I hope mine turns out just as pretty as theirs! Anyhoo - here is a bunch of photos♥






..... and Avon Jade. This is the American version..... I am not sure what the other version looks like but I read that this color, Avon Jade as well as Avon Green Olive are different in the USA than other parts of the world. I bought mine in a shopping mall in the USA so I have never seen the 'other' version. Has anyone done a comparison of them


This was 2 coats of Avon Jade and 1 coat of  Nailene TC. I love the formula on this but wish the brush handle was not square ( okay...... its actually a rectangle.... but whatever i still don't like it. )


Shade

Shade with Flash




4 comments:

shortwidenails said...

i own the Canadian version of jade ..i think it's the same as the American version and I love it. actually i haven't worn it on my finger nails yet but I did wear it on my toes and I really liked it on my toes =)

Enamel Girl said...

that WNW in beautiful!

......totally unrelated but i must tell you that i ran out and bought NYC 146A because of you. it's the one you layered over black. i'm so excited to try it :)

MarjoOnTheBlog said...

I have the European version of Jade, it is called Peppermint Leaf in Europe. I didn't see Jade in person but from the pictures I can tell you that European version has some yellow undertones whereas American version has blue undertones. Jade looks like a minty green but Peppermint Leaf is definitely not minty.

Lucy said...

I just love Avon's Jade. Wish I knew someone who sold this. I know they are online. The WetnWild is awesome also.