Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

♥ Franken - 'Damp Pavement' & 'Sand in my Thong... Sandle, that is' ♥

Franken 'Damp Pavement' - 3 thin coats w/ 1 coat of Nailene Top Coat

Here are 2 more frankens I made using the primary colours ( Yellow, Red & Blue) then adding black and white. This polish above and below 'Damp Pavement' is a nice bright Grey, the flecky things from the Claire's polish 'Yellow Brick Road' showed through and add alot to this franken....  The second franken - 'Sand in My Thong....Sandle, that is' I have added Billie 'Shores' which is a shimmery light beige to this colour 'Damp Pavement'.

I swatched a few colours so I only used 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat and pardon moi messy application =  I am trying to avoid acetone clean-ups more that 3 times a week. I usually allow the polish mistakes to get washed away during one of the many times my hands come in contact with water during the day..... While I am really not ~into~ grey polish, I am very happy with how this turned out. It is a cool grey with barely any red undertones and those flecky things show up well = =  So I am happy.

A long, long time ago, when I would try to make frankens and fail miserably... these were the types of colours I would achieve. Now that I am trying to make browns and greys I am having a hard time getting the polish colour to what I want.

Did anyone else notice that all polish's named "Sand" or some variation of that - are usually way, waaaaaay too pink-ish or have alot of pink undertones. When I think of sand, I don't liken it to whats available out there polish wise =  it's not that pink....  Anyhoo- here area  few more photos, along with some photos of 'Sand in My Thong....Sandle, that is'.

'Damp Pavement' Fluorescent Lighting
I have been meaning to wear this S.H. 'Strobe Light' = it's been sitting on my desk for 2 weeks already!


Colors used to make 'Damp Pavement'....


L to R - Frankens = Un-Named, Mud Bath and Damp Pavement


Damp Pavement - Indoors Fluorescent Lighting


Finally, this is the same polish as above, but I threw in some shimmery light taupe polish -  Billie 'Shores' a very pretty shimmer that I scored for 25 cents! I was happy that the shimmer is so evident,  This turned out exactly as I had envisioned it and  wish I snagged ore of this Billie Polish 'Shores'. I whipped up a few more frankens with it and will post them.... eventually♥

Below 'Sand in My Thong....Sandle, that is' 3 thin coats and 1 coat of Nailene Top Coat


I used all primary colours to make this polish, plus white and a drop or two of black. I added Billie Shores to this to get some shimmer to this colour. This was 3 thin coats and a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I am delighted that this polish is not leaning toward the red or pink side.....most 'sand' coloured polish's are pinkish or have red undertones.

Below 'Sand in My Thong....Sandle, that is' = 3 thin coats and 1 coat of Nailene Top Coat
 
 
Below 'Sand in My Thong....Sandle, that is' = 3 thin coats and 1 coat of Nailene Top Coat
 

 Below 'Sand in My Thong....Sandle, that is' = 3 thin coats and 1 coat of Nailene Top Coat



4 comments:

The Phalanges Friend said...

LOL @ Sand in My Thong...Sandal that Is.

That's such a great name. And the color is beautiful too!

Taki J said...

These are both great, I am not sure which one I prefer, I love them both.. and the names are too cute.

Carmela said...

Lol. Mrs. Kats used that term for flip flops. :)

Carmela said...

Lol. Mrs. Kats used that term for flip flops. :)